[License-discuss] GPLv3 'permanent' license reinstatement?

Kevin P. Fleming kevin+osi at km6g.us
Wed Oct 24 21:02:54 UTC 2018

Time passes, things change. I may be in full compliance with the
license for years, during which time my license has been 'permanently
reinstated' according to the text. "cease all violation of the
License" indicates a point at which I have returned to being in full
compliance, not an ongoing state of affairs (at least in my layman's
understanding of these words). If the "cease all violation" trigger
addresses an indefinite period of time, then its value as a trigger
seems to be vanishingly small.