[License-discuss] GDPR and code authors...

Gil Yehuda gyehuda at oath.com
Tue Aug 14 16:53:02 UTC 2018

Along these lines, I recently heard a discussion about the relationship
between GDPR and contributor license agreements (CLAs). If someone signs a
CLA with a foundation or other entity to contribute code, could they
request their "data" back (the signed CLA, their github ID, etc.)? Do CLA
signature websites need to have user consent terms, etc?

Does anyone here have a pointer to a clear statement about how GDPR impacts
the little things we do in the world of open source -- like CLA management?

Thanks.
*Gil Yehuda: *I help with externally facing technology at Oath.