[License-discuss] Using opensource in a company not in the software business

Christopher Sean Morrison brlcad at mac.com
Fri Dec 2 18:37:37 UTC 2016

Etienne,

You may also want to look at https://tldrlegal.com/ <https://tldrlegal.com/> as it’s a site that tries to simplify license understanding.  Of course, still pay attention to the full text of any license you work with and seek legal consultation as warranted, but maybe a useful resource for getting a handle on the terminology and differences.

I suggest going down the list of “MOST POPULAR” licenses first, as they are very well-understood and in prevalent use.

Cheers!
Sean