[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: US Army Research Laboratory Open Source License proposal

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Wed Aug 3 15:18:22 UTC 2016

OK, so we're in agreement then?  A copyright-based license may work outside of
the US because the USG would (probably) have copyright protections there?  As
far as I know, this hasn't been litigated anywhere, so it may not apply.

So, all we're left with dealing with is within the USA...

> See T. A. Cowan, "Marks of Primitivity in the Conflict of Laws",
> 26 Rutgers L. Rev. 191 (1972-1973), online at <Caution-
> http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPage?handle=hein.journals/rutlr26&div=16&id=&page=>
> IANAL, but I am interested in law by jus sanguinis.  :-)

Interesting link!  I wish it weren't behind a paywall, I'd like to read more
of it.

Thanks,
Cem Karan