[License-discuss] Note from another list by OSI's Patrick Masson

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed May 20 18:48:12 UTC 2015

FYI. /Larry

************ By Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
<mailto:masson at opensource.org> .

Here is some general information in our FAQ:
http://opensource.org/faq#approved-licenses-only

Interestingly, as this appears to be increasing (i.e. governments/agencies
looking to adopt "open source software") we have begun cataloging
policies/laws that site the OSI and OSI Approved Licenses as a determiner of
software being open source or not. This is here:
http://opensource.org/authority

There are many more, but we have yet to capture them all. This is a summer
intern project :-)