[License-discuss] Fwd: Question regarding GNU Terms of use

Riccardo Ciullo riccardociullo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:27:17 UTC 2015

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you because I have a doubt regarding GNU/MIT terms of use, which I hope you can clarify:  what happens if someone creates a new system by using a combination of (more than one) existing softwares covered by the GNU/MIT public license (or other free software licenses)? Will he be able to i) commercialize  this new system/product, characterized by a totally new application if compared with the used source codes (covered by the relevant open license), without facing any infringement of the license?  and ii) will he be able to prohibit no-authorized parties to copy it, use it, sell it, etc in the market?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks in advance,

Best

riccardociullo at gmail.com <mailto:riccardociullo at gmail.com>