[License-discuss] Open source license chooser choosealicense.com launched.

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jul 15 18:10:37 UTC 2013

Karl Fogel scripsit:

>   http://choosealicense.com/
>
> We may want to consider linking to it from OSI's FAQ, but it would be
> great to get people's opinions first.

While I am obviously just me and not GitHub, and my site is not as
pretty, I would also ask the OSI to look at <http://ccil.org/~cowan/floss>
as a license-choosing resource.  Historically OSI has shyed away from
such things because they involve recommending licenses without being
lawyers, and also suggest that some licenses are more useful than others.

--
Possession is said to be nine points of the law,                John Cowan
but that's not saying how many points the law might have.       cowan at ccil.org