[License-discuss] Boilerplate license text for permissive licenses?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Nov 27 10:13:39 UTC 2012

On 27/11/12 08:22, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> But I don't see how you can remove the placeholder from BSD 3-Clause
> while still having it be the same license.  The original says, "Neither
> the name of the University nor the names of its contributors"  You have
> to put something in place of University.

The common solution here is to instead put some words like "The
copyright holder" or "the copyright holder or any other contributors" or
"any of the authors". There are several variants (this being my point)
and in this case we might like to seek an opinion on whether any of them
is preferable to the others.

Gerv