[License-discuss] Boilerplate license text for permissive licenses?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Nov 27 08:22:54 UTC 2012

On 11/26/2012 05:55 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> The BSD2Clause version does not have that, obviously. It's noteworthy
> that there are 2x as many 3-clause variants in the B2G codebase as there
> are 2-clause variants.

I don't think there's a good reason BSD 2-Clause has <ORGANIZATION> at
the top (it's not used in the template).  It should be removed.

But I don't see how you can remove the placeholder from BSD 3-Clause
while still having it be the same license.  The original says, "Neither
the name of the University nor the names of its contributors"  You have
to put something in place of University.

I agree with providing a text copyable version (* for the list bullets
should be fine).

Matt Flaschen