[License-discuss] Can copyrights be abandoned to the public domain?

Ben Reser ben at reser.org
Sat Aug 18 05:47:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
> And yet we know that bridges collapse. Is it reasonable to take steps
> against bridges collapsing? We (mostly) don't build bridges out of
> wood (software from moral rights countries), but instead out of steel
> and concrete (countries where people cannot retroactively change the
> license on open source software).

Can you provide a list of software for which the license has been
invalidated or retroactively changed due to moral rights in any
country?

Please compare the list you come up with this for quantity of instances:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bridge_failures

Feel free to adjust the time frame on that list to those within the
time frame that software has existed.