[License-discuss] Can copyrights be abandoned to the public domain?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Aug 18 05:06:23 UTC 2012

And yet we know that bridges collapse. Is it reasonable to take steps
against bridges collapsing? We (mostly) don't build bridges out of
wood (software from moral rights countries), but instead out of steel
and concrete (countries where people cannot retroactively change the
license on open source software).