Can OSI specify that public domain is open source?

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Wed Sep 7 20:15:30 UTC 2011

Tom Callaway dixit:

>If we must add a FAQ
>item, then I propose something like:
>
>  Works of the United States Government for which copyright is
>  unavailable under 17 U.S.C. 105. are considered to be in the Public

This is very USA specific, though. Are you willing to put similar
paragraphs up for a few dozen other countries? ☺

Maybe it’s just simpler to state that something like Public Domain
is a concept limited to a single country, or a set of countries,
and therefore not OSD compliant. (Plus the CC0 link, which is good.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<ch> you introduced a merge commit        │<mika> % g rebase -i HEAD^^
<mika> sorry, no idea and rebasing just fscked │<mika> Segmentation