GPL revokability

Cinly Ooi cinly.ooi at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:04:02 UTC 2011

Dear Ron,

Until someone really try it in court, the debate will not be settled.

The practical guy in me, and most software community has this policy: If you
do not want me to use your code, then I will take it out, regardless of what
the license actually says. Most of the time, alternatives are available and
(in the case of larger project), it would not even be a hassle to write out
your code. But note that this is voluntary on the part of the recipients.

If the recipient really want to hold on to the code, then the copyright
holder has to sue. IANAL but I am sure the recipient is going to point out
that your license to him specifically said you had said that in the license,
you will not rescind the grant for him to use the copyrighted stuff under
dispute. You will have to get around this. Finally, I hope the judge and the
jury is likely to hold you to that.

HTH
Cinly

--
Best Regards,
Cinly

*****
Don't bother with footer please. I don't read them and will not be bounded
by them.
It cannot be enforced legally anyway. If it can, then remember this: This
footer always triumph yours.