Artistic License

Dale netxe456 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 05:29:29 UTC 2011

 >>someone can certainly charge you for the physical act of transferring
bits to you,
So if I get it right,this means that if I distribute the source or binary
through the internet by allowing users to download it,since it does not cost
me anything to convey a copy to them,I cannot charge any distribution fees.

>>Licensing Fees are fees for permission to do something with the software
>>The downstream recipient is only paying for the bits, not for the rights
to use
and furthermore if I allow users to download the binary/.exe with the
compiled/runnable application I cannot charge them for profit,say $5 per
download, since under the Artistic Licence I can only charge for
distribution fees, not for using the application.

Are my assumptions correct?