What does "new" mean in Section 1.9 (b) of the MPL v 1.1.?

Maria Magliano maria at aet-law.com
Fri Apr 2 20:54:12 UTC 2010

Hi!

The use case described to me is that the MPL-covered code (a JAR file) will
be embedded (unmodified) into pre-existing proprietary web application files
that are then assembled and run.  Doesn't this mean that both of the
scenarios you describe apply?  I'd be interested in your take under either
scenario if you think it makes a difference in terms of how the license
applies to the resulting combination.

Best,

Maria