What does "new" mean in Section 1.9 (b) of the MPL v 1.1.?

Luis Villa lvilla at mozilla.com
Fri Apr 2 20:07:35 UTC 2010

On 4/2/10 12:50 PM, Smith, McCoy wrote:
> Since MPL is undergoing revision right now, you might want to post your
> question on the revision site: http://mpl.mozilla.org/ If that section
> is unclear, they’d probably want to clarify it.

We're also lurking here in case of questions like this, for what it is
worth.

I have added a comment to our commenting tool to reflect the ambiguity
in the use of 'new' here:
https://mpl.co-ment.com/text/NMccndsidpP/view/?comment_id_key=kZDPJ6wstkI

It might help the discussion if you elaborated a bit on what you say
when you meant 'combined... for the first time'- do you mean that the
pre-existing proprietary code will be compiled together with the
MPL-covered code? Or do you mean that copyrightable material from the
MPL-covered code will be copied and pasted into the pre-existing
proprietary code?

Luis

--
Luis Villa, Mozilla Legal