OpenSource may not disallow it

Daniil Kulchenko dkulchenko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 04:11:02 UTC 2009

I assume you mean a license that is not an open source license, but gives
certain freedoms similar to those of an open source license. I wouldn't call
it "another open-source" because open source does not just mean with access
to source code, it entails other freedoms and restrictions. You can create
any license you would like, and there are many licenses in existence that
are not OSD-compliant, but provide access to the source code. Microsoft has
a few. I can't think of any right now, but it is definitely possible. But of
course, you can not call a license open source unless it is OSD-compliant,
because "open source" is a trademark.

Regards,
Daniil.