Apache style issue

DShofi at atmi.com DShofi at atmi.com
Wed Aug 19 13:14:40 UTC 2009

DES writes:

> I'm sorry, but it is an undeniable fact that the Apache license imposes
> restrictions that neither the BSD nor MIT licenses do, but *not* vice
> versa; hence, the Apache license is more restrictive - or to put it
> another way, the set of permissions granted by the Apache license is a
> strict subset of the set of permissions granted by the BSD or MIT
> license.

All of us who have been involved in this area agree with you on this point
(Apache has more restrictions or obligations than MIT/BSD), but I still
stand by my point to those who are not able to rattle off terms in their
sleep.  Nothing substitutes for reading the license and understanding the
terms.

David