Censure Re: Affero Licence/AGPL

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:03:44 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Michael Tiemann <tiemann at opensource.org> wrote:

[... http://lawandlifesiliconvalley.blogspot.com/2008/02/jacobsen-redux-remedies-for-breach.html
...]

> choose to see whether we, too find it interesting.  You should follow Mark's
> lead and you should not confuse what he is doing with what you are doing.

As if I confuse it... BTW: Kudos to Mark.

Is reality finally setting in?

The so-called open source "community" has expended an enormous effort
during past years spouting crass propaganda concerning the "power" of
open source licensing. The biggest lie of all was the chanting of the
mantra "a license is not a contract".

By evading this fundamental legal principle – that all IPR licenses
are contracts – any cogent discussion of open source licensing
principles and possible benefits has been subverted by anti-capitalist
political ideology.

Any open source "disaster" has been openly engineered by the
propaganda folks at OSI and the FSF/SFLC.

--- Whether this [act] constitutes a gratuitous license, or one for a
reasonable compensation, must, of course, depend upon the circumstances;
but the relation between the parties thereafter in respect of any suit
brought must be held to be contractual, and not an unlawful invasion of
the rights of the owner."; De Forest Radio Tel. & Tel. Co. v. United
States, 273 U.S. 236, United States Supreme Court (1927) ---

regards,
alexander.

--
"12/21/2007 ORDER TO EXTEND TIME FOR DEFENDANT...
 01/22/2008 ORDER TO EXTEND TIME FOR DEFENDANT...

 -- 1:07-cv-11070-LTS aka Never Beginning "GPL Enforcement" case