Darwin server license

Ian Vernon ian.vernon at amanzitel.com
Tue Apr 8 07:28:39 UTC 2008

Mavesh Govind wrote:

>Could you please clarify the following doubts about Darwin Streaming
>server license .
>1)Can I use the Darwin source code for commercial purpose
>2)If I can use it for commercial purpose ,
>Can I link the darwin libraries with my source code ?
>3)Do I need to make my source code open source ?

The Darwin Streaming Server is licensed under the Apple Public Source
License which is an OSI approved open source license
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apsl-2.0.php.

What you are allowed to do is covered by section 2 of the license making it
you responsible to release the modified code as open source.

Notice: I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Please consult a
qualified IPR lawyer for proper legal advice.