Darwin server license

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Apr 8 07:14:15 UTC 2008

Mahesh Govind wrote:

> Could you please clarify the following doubts about Darwin Streaming
> server license .
>
> 1)Can I use the Darwin source code for commercial purpose
> 2)If I can use it for commercial purpose ,
> Can I link the darwin libraries with my source code ?
> 3)Do I need to make my source code open source ?

The best way of answering these questions is to ask the copyright owners
of the Darwin code.  If that doesn't produce a clear answer, or you are
in doubt as to whether you have actually identified all the copyright
owners, the next best thing is to ask a qualified IPR lawyer.

However, if Darwin uses an OSI approved licence, the OSI determination
of compliance was correct, and Darwin validly applied the licenec, (1)
should be true, (2) should be true with reservations, and (3) would
depend on the licence terms.

--
David Woolley