Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:35:25 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Michael Tiemann <tiemann at opensource.org> wrote:
> Alexander,
>
> The OSI hosts its website and mailing list according to these Terms of
> Service: http://opensource.org/ToS
>
> Under section 5(1), you agree to not:

Uhmm. When did I agree (manifested assent) to the above mentioned
opensource.org ToS?

A message titled "confirm subscribe to license-discuss at opensource.org"
said nothing about any ToS or whatever contractual terms that I must
agree to in order to post messages to license-discuss at opensource.org.

See also:

http://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/courtweb/pdf/D02NYSC/01-07482.PDF

"Promises become binding when there is a meeting of the minds and
consideration is exchanged. So it was at King's Bench in common law
England; so it was under the common law in the American colonies; so
it was through more than two centuries of jurisprudence in this
country; and so it is today. Assent may be registered by a signature,
a handshake, or a click of a computer mouse transmitted across the
invisible ether of the Internet. Formality is not a requisite; any
sign, symbol or action, or even willful inaction, as long as it is
unequivocally referable to the promise, may create a
contract."

> I read your response as harrasing ... disparagement of another's political system

Do you mean my characterization of Eben Moglen's visit to Kerala as
recreation or that Kerala is marxist state?

Just curious.

Kerala is under control of marxist lead government since very long
time. In short, Kerala *is* marxist state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala

"Kerala hosts two major political alliances: the United Democratic
Front (UDF—led by the Indian National Congress) and the Left
Democratic Front (LDF—led by the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
(CPI(M))). At present, the LDF is the ruling coalition in government;
V.S. Achuthanandan of the CPI(M) is the Chief Minister of Kerala.

[picture]

Strikes, protests, rallies, and marches are ubiquitous among Kerala's
people. Pictured is a Communist Party of India (Marxist) rally in
Ernakulam. Kerala is one of the few regions in the world where
communist parties are democratically elected in a parliamentary
democracy."

http://www.kerala.gov.in/government/veeyes.htm

"Sri. V.S.ACHUTHANANDAN
Chief Minister

[...]

Son of Shri Sankaran and Smt. Accamma; born on 20th October 1923,
Velikkakathu Sankaran Achuthanandan, is a Communist politician, Polit
Bureau member of Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI(M)) since
1985. He is popularly known as "Comrade VS"."

BTW, I can recommend reading various Reports from

http://www.cpim.org/documents.htm

register. Very interesting.

regards,
alexander.

--
"Live cheaply," he said, offering some free advice. "Don't buy a house,
a car or have children. The problem is they're expensive and you have

      -- Free Software Foundation's Richard Stallman: 'Live Cheaply'