Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:59:11 UTC 2007

On 10/21/07, Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Alexander Terekhov said on Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 05:28:07PM +0200,:
>
>  > Same thing as Eben Moglen visiting your marxist state of Kerala
>  > this year, Mahesh. Mostly recreation. It's a kind of a hobby
>  > activity for me.
>
> You better take a course in socio-politics of Kerala before you go
> around saying that Kerala is Marxist; because it is not. And it is not
> a communist state either.

Well,

http://www.english.emory.edu/Bahri/Kerala.html

------
The Marxist sentiments portrayed in The God of Small Things are in some
ways representative of the actual political climate of Kerala. In 1957
Kerala became the first state in the world (with the exception of the
Italian principality of San Marino) to form a democratically elected
communist government. In 1970 Kerala became the first state in India to
abolish landlordism. Kerala is presently a democratic state, and is
still under Marxist control.
------

http://pd.cpim.org/2006/1112/11122006_prabhat.htm
(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist))

"The Centrality Of Leninism" by Prabhat Patnaik.

------
THE theoretical ideas of the leader of the Bolshevik Revolution, whose
89th anniversary we are celebrating this week, are usually
characterised as constituting the Marxism of the era of monopoly
capitalism. This doubtless is true. But Leninism is also something
more: it is the theory of Marxist practice.
------

See also:

http://swatantryam.blogspot.com/2007/06/free-software-free-culture.html
(Eben Moglen spoke next.)

regards,
alexander.

--
"Live cheaply," he said, offering some free advice. "Don't buy a house,
a car or have children. The problem is they're expensive and you have

    -- Free Software Foundation's Richard Stallman: 'Live Cheaply'