Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at yahoo.co.in
Sun Oct 21 16:43:32 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov said on Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 05:28:07PM +0200,:

 > Same thing as Eben Moglen visiting your marxist state of Kerala
 > this year, Mahesh. Mostly recreation. It's a kind of a hobby
 > activity for me.

You better take a course in socio-politics of Kerala before you go
around saying that Kerala is Marxist; because it is not. And it is not
a communist state either.

For a start, consider this - we have the highest HDI in India (and is
comparable to the HDI most of developed western countries). Literacy
is better than in the United States of America. You can go to the
remotest part of this state, and you will still find people speaking
in English. 99% of people here have access to either free Medical care
or Health Insurance. That would not be possible if we were a Marxist
state.

If you are calling Kerala a Marxist state because two of the major
political parties in the ruling alliance use a red flag, you are wrong
again.  Members of those parties are known to accept support from
religious and communal leaders during elections, visit places of
religious worship, accept the holy communion. That is haute
Bourgeoisie. Icing on the cake is that one of the late leaders of that
party was required by none other than the highest court of this
country to learn about [Karl] Marx's ideals before preaching Marxism.

Our government makes decision which tend to improve the welfare of the
citizens. That makes us a democracy. Decisioning for citizens' welfare
is unheard of in Marxist states. Of course, some people have a notion
that what is good for particluar corporate entity is good for the
public too; and they tend to paint any government which places public
interest in mind as "Marxist". Too bad that you seem to be one of
them.

And AFAICT, Eben is not here for either recreation or for hobby.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/