SFLC will love the 7th Circuit

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:41:40 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Chris DiBona <cdibona at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Philippe;
>
> First off, the mirror where you can find rpms and source rpms can be
> found at this link:
>
> http://code.google.com/gsa.html
>
> You were right, It was absurdly hard for a non-,er, me, to find, I'll
> fix that very soon so it is easier to find, but as to the rest, you

Sorry, too late Chris. You have already totally and perpetually lost
all your rights to GPL'd stuff the moment you breached that
license-not-a-contract.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/59502.html

------
Not So Fast

"Note that simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient to
settle the matter, because that would mean anyone can violate the
license until caught, because the only punishment would be to come
into compliance," Ravicher said.

He declined to discuss details about what actions the clients
additionally seek, however. "Hopefully we'll be able to shed light on
that if/when we do reach an agreement," he stated. "
------

http://gplv3.fsf.org/rms_gplv3_launch_transcript

------
With GPL version 2, that person who made a mistake, loses the license
permanently for every program from every copyright holder, and has to
then go and beg forgiveness from everyone
------

regards,
alexander.

--
"To show the falsity of 'PJ''s claims, in most cases I need look no further
than Groklaw itself. 'PJ' wants more journalists to use the site as a

                                        -- http://tinyurl.com/2mn3jc