SFLC will love the 7th Circuit

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:59:13 UTC 2007

Hi Philippe;

First off, the mirror where you can find rpms and source rpms can be
found at this link:

http://code.google.com/gsa.html

You were right, It was absurdly hard for a non-,er, me, to find, I'll
fix that very soon so it is easier to find, but as to the rest, you
complain about price, the availability of trial versions, build
quality, and other issues that I have no say on or opinion about. Nor
will I debate them as I wouldn't be able to in any substantive way.

As to the entire search appliance being open source I don't think
we've (the google we) ever asserted such a thing, and I know I didn't
do so myself, as it would be a mistake.

You seem awfully upset about this and I can't really see any good
reason why. Did you buy one and did it not work for you? Do you need
to be put in touch with thier support folks? I can help a little bit
there...

Chris

--
Open Source Programs Manager, Google Inc.
Google's Open Source program can be found at http://code.google.com