license categories, was: I'm not supposed to use the ECL v2?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Nov 29 21:14:13 UTC 2007

Chris Travers wrote:
> While I have a business to run and a heavy workload at the moment, I
> would be more than happy to help create a category list of such
> licenses.  If I would create the draft list my myself it would take me
> at least a month with my current workload, but I am a fan of the idea
> that in an open community that if you are proposing something, you are
> also volunteering to help make it happen.

I am also willing to help, and I don't think it will take so long if a
few people pitch in, such as on a wiki.

The best approach may be to keep the Special Purpose and Non-Reusable
categories, then categorize the rest by purpose (strong copyleft, weak
copyleft, permissive, etc.), and within the categories, rank by
popularity on SourceForge.

Matt Flaschen