Call for Votes: New OSI-Editors List

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:10:52 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 8:07 PM, Zak Greant <zak.greant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt, Greetings All,
>
> On 11/26/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> > > I think that I need to finish working up a strawman process - right
> > > now we are discussing something that isn't at all well-defined yet.
> >
> > Fair enough, but I'd rather help draft the process then criticize it
> > after it's fully formed.
>
> I should have avoided colloquial language.

Just a note either for the FAQ or for some documentation related to
the list:  We probably want to have a document somewhere which defines
the term "to table" in American procedural terms (since the OSI is at
least ostensibly based here in the US).

To table here in the US means the same thing as "to shelve" elsewhere
(i.e. to put on hold).

It is almost the exact opposite of what "to table" means elsewhere in
the English speaking world (to submit for consideration).

Believe it or not, there was some confusion over my request to table
the PostgreSQL license pending Mr Tiemann's proposals.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers