Communication skills

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:34:37 UTC 2007

Hi;

I am willing to buy the argument that FreeBSD is not claiming the name
"FreeBSD License."

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/introduction.html
>
> "1.3. Does the FreeBSD license have any restrictions?

Note that the lack of capitalization suggests that this is not a
license named after FreeBSD but rather simply a note that the license
which governs FreeBSD has some restrictions....

In fact the only proper noun I see in the question is "FreeBSD."

However, it is an issue which may cause some confusion.  Perhaps
another thing that can be done is a press release on approval which
loudly states that this license is used by FreeBSD, and many other
BSD-related projects.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers