Communication skills

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Thu Nov 1 08:46:25 UTC 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> ...or the total lack thereof.
>
> It's been several weeks since the last board meeting, yet we are still
> in the dark about what went down.  Obviously, the Microsoft licenses
> were a big deal, so you ran to the press with the news that they had
> been approved, but you never bothered to inform the license-discuss
> list of the outcome - we had to learn of it from press releases, just
> like we learned of CPAL back in July.
>
> You never bothered to inform the list of the outcome for the other
> licenses that were up for consideration, either.  For that matter, you
> never even bothered to inform the applicants, so I still don't know
> how my own submission fared (I can venture a guess that it was
> rejected, since it's not listed on the web site - not even on the
> approval status page - but I don't really know)

Well, having only recently re-joined this list, the immediate thought
that comes to mind is:

  "Sounds like there needs to be a well defined process put in place for
   announcing the outcomes of licenses."

   ... one that people should follow of course.

Has that been done yet and written up somewhere?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
The Flame Project - Open Source GUI for animated SVG & Flash
http://www.flameproject.org