how much right do I have on my project, if there are patches by others?

Arnoud Engelfriet arnoud at engelfriet.net
Fri Jul 6 12:33:15 UTC 2007

Joseph Hick wrote:
> so having a copyright over the complete software or
> sharing the copyright with other contributors should
> not matter to FSF.

Having the full copyright allows you to change the license, or
to license it to some under a different license. It also allows
you to sue for infringement or violation of the license.

Having full copyright allows the FSF to move its GNU project
to GPL version 3, for example.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/