InfoWorld: Pentaho opens up further (Exhibit B to real MPL)

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Wed Jan 31 05:10:48 UTC 2007

As long as they are pre-vetted for among other things...making sense
together.  I really dislike "must not use any of the trademarks" + "must
display this trademark" combined as terms.  In general I like the CC
ideal, but they pre-vet things to make sure they make sense when used
together.   Wondering what two licenses can be used together is bad
enough...wondering which 10 clauses....with which 10 other clauses....

We can only dream of deprecating the whole dang list for a set of clear
CC like terms that are well understood and make sense and don't read
like Ted Kaczynski wrote them.

-Andy

--
No PST Files Ever Again