non-military use license

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Jan 11 18:56:14 UTC 2007

Just as a license can't require the breaking of the law ["this software may
only be used to kill and maim innocent people" is not a valid provision],
the license need not require that the licensee obey the law ["this software
cannot be used to physically harm or injure others" is unnecessary].

Why does this list spend so much time on hypothetical discussions?

/Larry