Restriction on distribution by Novell?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Sep 26 22:28:16 UTC 2006

Wilson, Andrew scripsit:

> You might try reading the FSF FAQ:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCWhatDoesWrittenOfferValid
> This does a decent job of clarifying that the
> written offer extends only to anyone who "has the offer."
> Conversely, those who don't have the offer (indirect distributees
> who did not get your coupon in the box) can't demand
> the sources from you.

It's still not very clear.  If I post the binaries I get plus the
written offer on my Web site, must the company that I got them
from honor the written offer by sending source to anyone who
downloads them from my site?  Seemingly so.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org  http://ccil.org/~cowan
In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.