OVPL summary

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 09:36:13 UTC 2005

--On 14 September 2005 13:31 -0700 "Wilson, Andrew"
<andrew.wilson at intel.com> wrote:

> Well, actually, either if you "distribute" them, or "make available."
> clarification you proposed around a tighter definition of "make
> available"?

Yes. Previous suggestion is in the archives, but I will dig it out
and find it again. It was heavily influenced by Larry's OSL wording.

I also said to Larry I'd try and cook up OSL modifications which did what
3.3 does when I had some time (which I now have more of). That won't make a
license QUITE like the OVPL (for instance the provisions on linking will be
substantially different, and (some) AU lawyers will still worry about his
warranty clause, if not the indemnity clause), but I think it would be a
useful intellectual exercise.

Alex