restricting the use of open source software

Joel West svosrp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:24:21 UTC 2005

This thread seems to be going on endlessly without much in the way of resolution.

Couldn't we add a line to the end of a license that says
	Nothing in this license obviates any requirement that the
	recipient comply with the laws of his or her host government.

Then we wouldn't need an Intel-type license, but Intel's lawyers could be happy, and the people of Cuba could write derivative works and e-mail them to North Korea or wherever.

Joel