y'all are an official committee now.

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Mar 8 21:36:50 UTC 2005

We met f2f on Monday (in Austin, Texas; hence the y'all in the
Subject) to address certain burning issues.  One of the things we did
was to amend our bylaws to have committees with non-board members on
them.  So instead of being a mere advisory council, you are now an
official, legally constituted OSI committee.  Mark Radcliffe, our
general counsel, needs to run the bylaws past his law firm's bylaws
expert to see if any other changes are needed, plus we're getting a PO
box to have an address for correspondence and donations.  That has to
go into the bylaws, but once it does, we will publish them and you can
verify the language that enables your existance for yourself.

I wish to thank everyone on the committee for their donation of time
to the Open Source Initiative.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | The laws of physics cannot
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | be legislated.  Neither can