Guidance on ACE License submission?

Ken Sedgwick ken at bonsai.com
Mon Mar 7 18:27:58 UTC 2005

Apologies in advance for being unfamiliar with the OSI license
submission process ...

I was wondering if the ACE License submission I made last week would be
considered at this Thursday's OSI board meeting.

I've been following the deliberations presented in this list, but am
unclear on whether existing "simple permissive" licenses would qualify
for OSI certification if they are not appropriate for new projects as well.

The "Fedora Extras" folks are requiring all new projects to have an OSI
certified license, and unfortunately this project has been using the
existing license for many years and with many contributors.

I'd appreciate any feedback/guidance as to what should happen next ...

Ken

--
Ken Sedgwick
Bonsai Software, Inc.
ken+5a4 at bonsai.com
Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc
GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434  5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640