brainstorming

jurban at law.usc.edu jurban at law.usc.edu
Sat Jan 15 19:12:16 UTC 2005

FYI, EFF and Brewster Kahle of the Internet Archive and I also think this
is a critical issue. EFF and Brewster are working with the new
Intellectual Property Clinic at USC on a licensing scheme--the Defensive
Patent License-- that would allow/encourage patent-holders to license
their patents defensively to keep the patented code open. We are still in
the discussion stage, working out the exact model, but we will definitely
keep you posted.

--
Jennifer M. Urban
Director, Intellectual Property Clinic