OASIS appeal does NOT affect OpenDocument

David A. Wheeler dwheeler at dwheeler.com
Wed Feb 23 03:55:58 UTC 2005

David Webber (XML) wrote:
> If you think OpenDocument is not affected by this
> potentially - dream on!

Oh, I make no such claim.  I was simply observing that
the current appeal is carefully worded so it does
NOT ask those involved in OpenDocument to
stop working on it.  Some people might not
notice the careful wording. The appeal DOES ask them to appeal
to OASIS (which I suspect many of them are doing already).

 > Also - your spec is in draft

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not an author.
I've read and commented on it, but as a reviewer,
not as an author.

--- David A. Wheeler