fair license

Nick Welch mack at incise.org
Tue Feb 1 22:54:11 UTC 2005

I like the fair license, but one thing I am confused about is:

> Usage of the works is permitted provided that this
> instrument is retained with the works, so that any entity
> that uses the works is notified of this instrument.

Does that mean that the license needs to be distributed with binaries
built from the source, or does "the works" mean only the source that the
license appears in?  Does the MIT/X license require it (I didn't think
it did)?

Basically, I am asking: is this license more restrictive than the X/MIT?
Or is it essentially a less explicit/verbose version of it?

--
Nick Welch aka mackstann | mack @ incise.org | http://incise.org