Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Aug 22 21:16:48 UTC 2005

Russell Nelson wrote:

>Bruce Perens writes:
> > I feel it's unfair to everyone, not just me, to keep my expertise off of
> > the committee. That's why I stated my case.
>
>If you wanted to be on the committee, you would have continued to
>pursue a confidential discussion of your qualifications.

Russ, I've already explained to you that after writing Michael, I got
essentially a repeat of a form letter back from Laura. Thus, I was
convinced my communications were getting the /dev/null treatement. The
next logical step is to take the matter before an open group, and
license-discuss is the only one OSI has.

>That you have taken this discussion public says something unfortunate about you.

Do you really feel it's appropriate to make ad-hominem attacks from your
position on the OSI board? You send a message that you abhor me becuase
I brought the discussion to an open, public forum. Abhorence of people
who use open, public forums doesn't fit well in a group that's supposed
to make decisions for Open Source licensing.

Earlier, you answered me with a suggestion to read a Philipe Bastiat
libertarian political rant.

Something just doesn't seem right here. Are you appropriately fulfilling
your role as an OSI director?

    Bruce Perens