Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Aug 22 20:07:09 UTC 2005

Bruce Perens writes:
 > I feel it's unfair to everyone, not just me, to keep my expertise off of
 > the committee. That's why I stated my case.

If you wanted to be on the committee, you would have continued to
pursue a confidential discussion of your qualifications.  That you
have taken this discussion public says something unfortunate about you.

The license proliferation committee will have to make hard decisions.
We made one in your case, and you are attempting to strong-arm us into
changing our minds.  This is evidence to me that we chose well to keep
you off the committee.  The license proliferation committees' continued
rejection of you is necessary practice for ignoring the anticipated
pressure.  Even though you don't like the form of it, you are
contributing to the success of the committee.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | with some experience
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |     you know what to do.