Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Aug 22 02:41:52 UTC 2005

Zak Greant wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> I don't know you personally, nor have I bothered to gossip about you
> with others. I do know some of the good work that you have done and
> definitely appreciate it.
>
> I don't want to wade through a long discussion on this list that has
> the aim of strong arming you into a committee that wasn't created by
> any kind of public process.
>
> I would rather see you putting your effort and unique qualifications
> to use on the license-proliferation-discuss list, working on the same
> problem that many of the rest of us are interested in, in the same
> fashion that most of the rest of us are able to participate.

Zak,

The problem is that, like License-Discuss, when the time comes to make a
decision the folks who will make it can take or leave what you say.
That's why on the short term I think my participation should be more
than just the list. I agree that we need to fix the problem that OSI
doesn't have any sort of representative process. I'm disappointed that
in 6 and a half years that I haven't been on the OSI board this hasn't
been addressed. But I doubt I'm going to be allowed to work any
substantive change on that if I can't even get on the license
proliferation committee.

    Thanks

    Bruce