A prototype License Wizard up and running

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Apr 11 02:09:29 UTC 2005

Bruce Perens scripsit:

> >Where would you put the NASA Open Source License (public domain for
> >US citizens; copyright asserted only for non-US citizens)?
>
> I would put the grant to U.S. citizens in a separate document from the
> Open Source license.

That's not how it works.  The NOSL *concedes* that some of the works
licensed under it *by NASA* are already in the public domain in the U.S.
If you were to release works under the NOSL, they would not be public
domain.  (Citizenship has nothing to do with it.)

Otherwise, the NOSL is MPL-ish.

--
At the end of the Metatarsal Age, the dinosaurs         John Cowan
abruptly vanished. The theory that a single             jcowan at reutershealth.com