For Approval: TURKIX PUBLIC LICENSE

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Thu Oct 28 19:38:56 UTC 2004

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen wrote:

> This is counter to the intent of the GPL.

I'm not sure if I agree with this statement.  I always felt the intent
of the free software movement was to give me source access to *my*
software.  In the case of a service, the end users don't own the
software.  They can't, for example, upload a new bug-fixed version to
the server.

That said, I do understand the sentiment and the moral questions around
building proprietary software/services using open source software.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org
-:-:- Web  : dave.gasaway.org