For Approval: TURKIX PUBLIC LICENSE

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven at cox.net
Thu Oct 28 14:24:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 05:34, Emre Sokullu wrote:
> OK I've understood why doesn't it conform opensource.org regulations.
> Thanks for the replies..
>
> But I think this is a required section for some of the web based
> applications. Maybe I was too strict in previous license, but adding
> sometinhg like:

Emre,

Since you are aware of the AGPL, can you explain why (other than the
fact that it isn't yet OSI approved) it doesn't meet your needs?

The AGPL would permit someone to create a commercial service based on
the application, but would require any changes to publicly deployed code
be published, maintaining the users' software freedoms.

--
Michael R. Bernstein <webmaven at cox.net>