certification mark for "mirbsdksh"?

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Nov 1 13:09:43 UTC 2004

Thorsten Glaser scripsit:

>  - a wording variant of the 2-clause BSD licence:
>
> 	Copyright (c) 2002 Marc Espie.
>
> 	Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> 	modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
> 	are met:
> 	1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> 	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
> 	2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> 	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> 	   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
> 	THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE OPENBSD PROJECT AND CONTRIBUTORS
> 	``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
> 	LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
> 	A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OPENBSD
> 	PROJECT OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
> 	SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
> 	LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
> 	DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
> 	THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
> 	(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
> 	OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

This license is obviously Open Source (and Free, and Fair) and should be
fast-tracked by OSI.

>  - the generated autoconf'd script:
>
> 	Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2004
> 	       Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> 	This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
> 	gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.

This license is also obviously Open Source (and Free, and Fair) and should
be fast-tracked by OSI.

>  - the manual page has an original 3-clause BSD licence
>    by the University (with the advertising clause removed)

This is the current BSD license, and is already approved by OSI.

--
"No, John.  I want formats that are actually       John Cowan
useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
internal links in forms which are hideously        jcowan at reutershealth.com
over-complex." --Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev