certification mark for "mirbsdksh"?

Thorsten Glaser tg at 66h.42h.de
Mon Nov 1 12:44:15 UTC 2004

Hello!

It's me again; as discussed in the thread around
I'm now submitting the first batch of particular licences
used for one of the sub-project spin-offs[1] off the MirOS
project: MirbsdKsh (http://wiki.mirbsd.de/MirbsdKsh).

Most of the code is inherited from pdksh, which was placed
into the public domain by their original authors.

The other licences attached are:

 - the MirOS licence template[2], which I have already
   submitted for fast-track approval after a suggestion
   by John Cowan in
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.licenses.open-source.general/3332

 - a wording variant of the 2-clause BSD licence:

	Copyright (c) 2002 Marc Espie.

	modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
	are met:
	1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
	2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
	   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

	THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE OPENBSD PROJECT AND CONTRIBUTORS
	``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
	LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
	A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OPENBSD
	PROJECT OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
	SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
	LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
	DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
	THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
	(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
	OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

 - the generated autoconf'd script:

	Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2004
	       Free Software Foundation, Inc.

	This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
	gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.

 - the manual page has an original 3-clause BSD licence
   by the University (with the advertising clause removed)

 - As recommended by http://catb.org/%7Eesr/Licensing%2DHOWTO.html I, as
   project leader, assert a (non-registered) collective-work copyright
   on the whole work including all modifications

After I get the Okay, I will put the full OSI Certified notice in the
manual page, in the NOTES section.

Thanks in advance,
//mirabile

[1] The other offsprings will be handled later in separate mails,
    after this one is through, and you got both the MirOS template
    and the ISC/OpenBSD template approved, to reduce the (partially
    duplicate) work.

[2] When it's approved, I will look over all files to which an
    earlier version of the template (with the typos) is attached,
    and fix them, of course.
    I will also put the required HTML-rendered version online.
    For now, the current status can be seen at
    http://mirbsd.bsdadvocacy.org/cvs.cgi/src/share/misc/licence.template?rev=HEAD