Request opinion on proposed license

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Fri Jul 30 19:10:58 UTC 2004

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> I'll only add that both MySQL and SleepyCat have been using this kind of
> dual licensing arrangement successfully. Does anyone have other good
> examples?

More on the conformance front, I think Sun has been careful in participating in
the Jakarta front to separate rights to the "Java Certified" or "100% Pure Java"
trademarks from the rights to distribute and make modified versions of stuff
they've contributed to Jakarta. In other words, if you make a modified version
of Tomcat, you can't call it "Java Certified" unless you actually get it certified.

~ESP